Can’t believe the November Challenge is here already. This month the challenge is to use the dies From Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s new releases. Keep reading to see how I put together this card using the Dahlia 2, Black-Eyed Susan, Ladder Fern and Glass Hurricane and Candle dies. A supplies list is at the end.
For today’s challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on the Elizabeth Craft Designs website to 3 winners.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post ( http://wp.me/p4kQzc-7pY) and tell us “What products from Susan’s new release are at the top of your wish list?”
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, November 17th, on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
So here we go!
1.Create a 6×6 inch card base using 100lb Soft Finish Cardstock. Add a 5.75×5.75 inch panel of coloured cardstock. Set aside.
2. Cut the candle from a piece of 85lb Soft Finish Cardstock covered in Double Sided Adhesive. Remove the backing sheet and cover in Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with finger tips. Set Aside.
3. Cut the Hurricane lantern from clear acrylic (I used Silhouette printable clear sticker paper).
4. Position Candle (don’t forget the flame) and Hurricane lamp onto card front and adhere.
5. Cut the ladder Fern dies 3x. Colour using Copic markers and shape them using the leaf shaping tool and a rubber block. Adhere to card front using Kid’s Choice Glue.
6. Cut pieces for the Dahlia: 3 each of the three larger petal pieces, 2 each of the next two petal pieces and 1 of the center stamen piece. Cut 3 sets of leaves and three stem pieces.
Colour using Copic markers.
7. Shape the petals and leaves using Susan’s 4-piece tool kit along with the leaf molding pad and shaping pad.
8. Assemble the flower and position onto card front using Kids Choice Glue.
9. Cut pieces for 3 Black-Eyed Susan’s: 1 piece each per flower. Colour using Copic Markers and shape using tool kit and molding pads.
10. Adhere to card front using Kid’s Choice Glue
11. Cut Suzanne Cannon’s Hugs die. Colour to coordinate with card and adhere to card front.
12. Finish using corner pieces from Corners 1
This one was fun to make!
Remember to check into the Elizabeth Craft Blog for you chance to win a Gift Card! http://wp.me/p4kQzc-7pY
Elizabeth Craft Supplies used:
1428-Garden Notes-Glass Hurricane and Candle
1414-Garden Notes-Black-Eyed Susan
1417-Garden Notes-Dahlia 2
1304-Sending hugs and Kisses
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
4 Piece Tool Kit
Leaf molding Pad
85lb Soft Finish Cardstock
100lb Soft Finish Cardstock
Silhouette Printable Clear Sticker Paper