Hi there! So this month the Susan’s Design Team at Elizabeth Craft Designs was challenged to create a card using green, red and white with either gold or silver. I decided to keep the holiday theme going, so here is a Christmas card using Susan’s carnations as the focal point and lots of my favourite greenery to give it a finishing touch. Add a gold Noel and there you have it.
Be sure to head over to the Elizabeth Craft Blog for your chance to win a $20 gift card! All you need to do is answer the question: “What Susan’s Garden products would you like to find under your Christmas tree this year?” for your chance to win. Here’s the link…Good Luck! http://wp.me/p4kQzc-7t1
So here’s how the card came together:
- Cut a piece of 100lb, white Soft Finish cardstock to 10×7 inches score and fold to create a 5×7 inch top fold card.
- Using the largest of the stitched rectangle dies, cut a piece of gold paper. Using clear double sided adhesive, center and attach to the front of the card.
- Cut Suzanne Cannon’s Noel from a piece of the same gold paper that has been backed with clear Double Sided Adhesive. Set aside
- Using the second largest of the stitched rectangles, cut a piece of white, 85lb Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere to the center of the card front.
- Cut the Berry Branches die once or twice and colour with Copic markers. Add the berries using Pearl White Perfect Pearls. Set aside to dry.
- Use the Wooden Wreath die to cut a piece of white Soft Finish Cardstock. Colour with Copic Markers. Shape using Susan’s tools and leaf mat to give dimension. Using Kid’s Choice Glue, adhere to the center of the card front leaving the branch tips loose.
- Using the White pine Branches and Pine Cone set, Cut 2 each of the branches and colour with Copics. Shape and adhere to the wreath. See the photo for placement.
- Cut each piece of the the Ivy leaf die twice. Colour and shape. Adhere to the card front using Kids Choice glue.
- Make the carnations by cutting, for each flower, the large petal pieces twice and one each of the other pieces. For the solid red flower colour with a red Copic marker. For the red flower with the darker edge use the same red and then touch the edges with a darker red. For the white flower touch the edges with the red marker. Shape using Susan’s tools and the molding mat. Assemble directly onto the card front using Kid’s Choice Glue.
- Tuck in and glue pieces of the Berry Branch as shown in the photo.
- Adhere the Noel according to the photo.
So glad you stopped by. Don’t forget to head over to the Elizabeth Craft Blog for a chance to win. http://wp.me/p4kQzc-7t1